Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook - CD
- The Word – 3:37
- No Time To Live – 4:28
- Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – 3:50
- All My Love – 4:11
- Isn’t It A Pity – 4:19
- Wish You Were Here – 3:49
- It Don’t Come Easy – 4:34
- Maybe I’m Amazed – 3:51
- Salt Of The Earth – 4:28
- Nights In White Satin – 4:24
- Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad – 3:58
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me – 5:37
- Love Reign O‘er Me (Live from the Kennedy Center Honors) – 5:32
BETTYE LAVETTE brings the British Invasion home to its American R&B roots on her latest CD, INTERPRETATIONS: THE BRITISH ROCK SONGBOOK<, due May 25 on Anti-. While BETTYEâ€™s Grammy-nominated 2007 disc The Scene Of The Crime went to the source to find triumph over her own anguish, INTERPRETATIONS looks to the past this time for inspiration and uncovers common ancestry in seemingly divergent musical paths.
Produced by BETTYE, Rob Mathes and Michael Stevens, the album is a 13-song journey through compositions by the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd among others, before concluding right where the very idea for INTERPRETATIONS started: BETTYEâ€™s visceral show-stopping rendition of The Whoâ€™s â€œLove Reign Oâ€™er Meâ€? from the 2008 Kennedy Center Honors, which appears here as a bonus track.