Glitter & Doom Live - 2xLP (180 Gram)
- Lucinda / Ain’ Goin’ Down To The Well No Mo’ (Birmingham – 07/03/08) – 5:37
- Singapore (Edinburgh – 07/28/08) – 5:00
- Get Behind The Mule (Tulsa – 06/25/08) – 6:26
- Fannin Street (Knoxville – 06/29/08) – 4:16
- Dirt In The Ground (Milan – 07/19/08) – 5:18
- Such A Scream (Milan – 07/18/08) – 2:51
- Live Circus (Jacksonville – 07/01/08) – 5:04
- Goin’ Out West (Tulsa – 06/25/08) – 3:48
- Falling Down (Paris – 07/25/08) – 4:21
- The Part You Throw Away (Edinburgh – 07/28/08) – 5:07
- Trampled Rose (Dublin – 08/01/08) – 5:06
- Metropolitan Glide (Knoxville – 6/29/08) – 3:10
- I’ll Shoot The Moon (Paris – 07/24/08) – 4:25
- Green Grass (Edinburgh – 07/27/08) – 3:20
- Make It Rain (Atlanta – 07/05/08) – 3:58
- Story (Columbus – 06/28/08) – 2:02
- Lucky Day (Atlanta – 07/05/08) – 3:47
Glitter and Doom is a collection of the best of the best tracks from Tom Waits’ sold out, highly acclaimed Glitter and Doom tour of the US and Europe in the summer of 2008.
Collected on two LPs of heavyweight 180 gram vinyl, Glitter and Doom is designed to sound like one evening’s performance, even though the 17 tracks are selected from 10 cities, from Paris to Birmingham; Tulsa to Milan; and Atlanta to Dublin. Sonically the album is superb and has been beautifully recorded and meticulously mastered .
Musically, the live disc features all eras of Waits’ eclectic glory as he shifts seamlessly from an array of characters: carnival barker, preacher, country singer, soul balladeer; cabaret singer and storyteller. Backed by a versatile 5 piece band, Waits departs from the songs’ original incarnations. The songs instrumentation and rhythms are rearranged and reimagined. Swampy tribal rhythms, ominous hymns, gypsy flavored ballads, searing rhythmic r&b, and blues boogies. angular and surreal rock are all present. The songs, as expected ,are about hanged men, woebegone sailors, sword swallowers, fugitives, shamans, ghosts, dance instructors and prison guards.
The double-LP features a Download card for the full album digital download which includes the bonus material titles TOM TALES, which is a selection of the comic bromides, strange musings, and unusual facts that Tom traditionally shares with his audience during the piano set. Waits’ topics range from the ritual of insects to the last dying breath of Henry Ford.
Paste Magazine: Tom Waits #1 Best Live Show of 2008
Wall St. Journal “An unforgettable experience…”
Atlanta Magazine “The greatest musical event of the year…the single best musical event I’ve ever witnessed.”
AOL Spinner “…dazzling…”
Ft. Worth Star Telegram “unmistakable national treasure of a voice”
Vanity Fair “He lived up to every inch of his reputation as a dynamic and theatrical performer…”
Phoenix New Times “Waits did the near impossible and lived up to the great expectations…The guy is a performance artist of the highest rank, a kabuki with a bowler hat, a Delta bluesman not afraid to be romantic, a cynic with a heart of gold.”